Tuesday, December 11, 2012

APPRECIATING ART ON 'REFLECTION'

The Art Studio on Reflection (Photos: Gerry)
ABOARD CELEBRITY REFLECTION -- With millions of dollars worth of fine art on board, it just seems fitting that Celebrity would extend their art appreciation to its guests as well. That may be why adjacent to the Lawn Club you'll find the Art Studio. Affiliated with the nonprofit ArtCenter/South Florida, it offers a variety of instructional classes and lectures for both beginners and the more advanced among us.


Pam makes jewelry
On our visit, Pam tried her hand of jewelry-making (somewhat disappointed when she found out they used beads and not precious stones) while I opted for creating a postcard using watercolors (I though the small canvas more suited to my talent level).


Gerry's masterpiece
Despite a sometimes impatient teacher, Pam produced a beautiful set of earrings, while I created a stunning visual interpretation of a sunset on the ocean. My words, not the instructor's. Afterwards, reward yourself with lunch at The Porch or relax in one of the giant hammocks on the Lawn. -- Gerry
Earrings in the making

1 comment:

  1. What should have been very fun, wasn't. Celebrity has such high standards, the jewelry teacher was quite a disappointment. I recommend a teacher with more people-skills. Still, I made the earrings, so it wasn't all bad.
    _Pam

    ReplyDelete