Monday, October 28, 2013

AUTUMN IN A VENEZIA PHOTO

October is winding down, and November lurks.

The sun is beginning to set earlier over the Atlantic.

Photos: Cruising Squared
When did the mellow season sneak up on us?

It is difficult to feel the change of seasons in South Florida, but does Autumn have the potential to be dull and monotonous, even in the land of perpetual flora?

Possibly.

Let me toss Monday into the mix of potential monotony, and my mind longs to take a brief vacation to a location that is anything but dull in the Autumn of the year.

Italy.


Venice.

Venice in November is perfection. Perfect climate, just enough rain to be romantic, lovely shops, great food, just enough people to make watching fun.

Forget Harry's Bar. It is famous as can be, but the Florian was my favorite libation destination.

So, I return there today, via two photos, knowing I must return in person.

I must return because I failed to get a handmade Casanova mask for my collection.

Visiting that glorious city, even in a blog post,  is anything but dull on the last Monday of October.

Beautiful Venezia, we left a part of our hearts in that square. -- Pam

1 comment: