Thursday, September 12, 2013

BOCA RESORT: SMALL DETAILS ARE LARGE

One in an ongoing series of visits to Florida's historic hotels.

BOCA RATON --When we cruised into the Boca Resort and Club here (do you know the proper pronunciation for Raton?), I inhaled.

Immediately, you feel it. Architectural splendor and attention to detail appear in every inch. Lush landscaping. The ghosts of people from a time long ago. History.

Our camera and iPhones were maxed.  Almost.

There is much to say about this splendid place.

First, I want to live there, but unless the Powerball comes knocking, I don't see that as a possibility.

For this post, I push aside the larger-than-large images that is this resort sitting on the Intra-Coastal and cast an eye toward the small things.


Shopping at a resort is usually expensive, right?

But, enjoying an unusual shop at Boca Resort is free. Take a look at what I found. A live mannequin? No, but it fooled me for a second. So, cool.


Food and drink are always a big part of any adventure and we weren't disappointed when we ordered up this amazing burger at Cielo on the 27th floor of the Tower. It delivers. Simply divine.

By simply adding colorful lighting to the lobby pool (not for swimming), a stylish and relaxing atmosphere is immediately felt upon entering the beach facility.

Perhaps some don't notice, but paper napkins, embossed with the name of the place is such a fabulous touch. Makes me feel special, I tell you.


So, I give you the beach/pool bar and the Ladies Room napkins.  Paper isn't always just paper.

Details matter and Boca Resort & Club attend to every one.

Stay tuned. There's more to come. --Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment