Wednesday, September 4, 2013

DOC'S ALL AMERICAN: STAY TUNED

I admit it. I watch, Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives on occasion. It can be fun and Guy Fieri keeps the energy level high.

Have you ever driven past a place that you think could be on that show and later on wondered why you didn't just go ahead, stop and sample the goods?

Unlike Guy, I would never claim to be an expert on diners, drive-ins or dives, but something unique in this world of chain restaurants, is always alluring to me.

On a recent zip down to Delray, we passed an intriguing place called, Doc's All American. I grabbed my phone and snapped a quick photo from the car and made a mental promise to look it up once we landed back at home base.

Well, it has taken me a few days, more than a few, but I did check it out today and am now convinced there will be a trip to Doc's in the very near future.

According to their web site, they are a blend of the old and new. The drive-in establishments of years past, melded into a sit-down burger, dogs, fries and shakes haven.

http://www.docsallamerican.com/

So, I promise to be back with my opinion of all things Doc's as soon as I can convince Gerry to join in the fun.

Wait, he loves burgers and shakes, is always first in line for a new adventure, so I don't see a problem here.

Go ahead and have a look at their page, it will make you hear the Beach Boys in your head and make you hungry for the kind of fast food that was born before there was a specific term for it.

Oh, if you know of any other fabulous throw-back food places, let us hear from you. -- Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment