Wednesday, June 13, 2012

GIVE 'EM A GIMLET

Even before Don Draper and his advertising gang were all the rage, I was intrigued with the Vodka Gimlet.

Yes, I was old-school before it was chic to be old-school.

This cocktail is simple, which makes it top-shelf in my cocktail book.

A bit of lime juice, sugar and the most important ingredient, a nice vodka. And, by nice I mean nice vodka,  it doesn't have to top-of-the-line. Just good quality and smooth.

Here is the official recipe:

1 1/2 ounces vodka.
1/2 ounce fresh lime juice (must be fresh).
1 teaspoon sugar (extra fine, if possible).

Place all ingredients in a cocktail shaker. Add ice and shake well. Strain.

Serve in your favorite cocktail glass (garnish the glass rim with extra-fine sugar, if desired), garnish with a bit of lime and that's as ol-school as you are going to get!

Tell us how you feel about this cocktail, or share your favorite! -- Pam, for Cruising Squared

2 comments:

  1. I love new ways to drink vodka. It may be an old school drink but it is new to me. I think I know the first drink I am having in a few days. That's right. A bloody beer! LOL!! I can't imagine a better thought than a nice gimlet overlooking the Mediterranean..

    ReplyDelete
  2. The next thing? French Martini! Give that one a try and let us know.

    ReplyDelete