Thursday, August 29, 2013

BLOGGING WITH THE DOG AND KIDDIE SHOWS

I feel certain I am not alone in my dilemma.

Hey, it is not even a genuine dilemma, just the way of my world.

Dog-Attachment

Our dog, Reggie, glues herself to me while I am writing. It is as if she knows the difference between writing for the blog, one of my books or just tossing away time on The Facebook (I like to call it that as that was Mark Z's original name for that social scene),  or trolling the 'Net for current news or gossip (not that I do the gossip part, but if you know any sites...).

Yes, I could quite easily remedy the situation by positioning myself at an ordinary desk or table, but then my sweet Cavalier King Charles girl would not be plastered to the side of my leg and I have grown accustomed to the 100 degree living heating pad  (I think dogs register in that temperature range).

Chairs are not especially made to be used as a computer station, but my chair affords me a lovely view of a pool, flora and sometimes fauna (do squirrels count?), and it beats an office or cube in a building with no windows! Plus, you can only take your mutt to the office on, Take Your Pet To Work Day

Reggie and Cate

Writing with a dog-attachment is made all the sweeter when you toss in the occasional children's show for the viewing pleasure of our ten-month-old granddaughter, Cate.

So, please excuse me if you occasionally notice a random and meaningless quote in my posts. Just shrug in the knowledge that it's just me typing with my hands while listening with my ears to, Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood, Dora the Explorer or Little Einsteins.

Let me know if you type over the sleeping body of a dog or cat, with children's programming streaming in the background. You can also let me know if you have seen a chair with a side-car. I could use one, this chair is overflowing! Not hers. Mine. -- Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment