Wednesday, August 28, 2013

CUPCAKE COUTURE: DESIGNERS IN A PAPER CUP

DELRAY BEACH -- Forget about designer clothes and shoes.

Did I just say that?

Well, yes I did, but when it comes to my guilty pleasures there are a few that top my short list.

Shoes, clothes, handbags and...cupcakes.


I confess that I do know a bit about these personal-sized cakes. As a kid, I made them; as an adult I still make them from time-to-time. I have sampled the wares at the original Sprinkles in Beverly Hills and one in Dallas. Toss in Cheryl's in Columbus, Ohio, Magnolia in New York (the original and the Grand Central Station location), Buttercream in Coral Gables...well, you get the idea, I can get obsessed.

So, as Gerry and I continue our quest to explore the historic hotels of Florida and beyond, I feel it is my duty to discover the little gems nestled near them, and if a cupcake just happens to be nearby, it must be sampled. Well, someone has to do it.

Our most recent jaunt found us on Atlantic Avenue in Delray. The avenue not only held our classic hotel (please see prior review), but an alluring mid-size shop called, Cupcake Couture. Couture because the cupcakes are named after designers, with a sweet twist.

We found cupcakes called, Donna Karot, Mound-olo Blahnik, Donatella Vanilla, Jimmy Choocolate and more. Opting for four mini-cupcakes, we found them not only delicious, but different from the norm in a fabulous way.

For more information, or just to drool over their photos, here is the link...

http://cupcakecoutureusa.com/

Have a special cupcake place you adore? Let us hear from you!

--Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment