Tuesday, August 13, 2013

RIVERSIDE HOTEL'S PINEAPPLE MANIA

Maybe I have been watching too much of the basic cable show, Psych, (there is a pineapple of some sort in every episode), or listening as others around me watch Sponge Bob (who lives in a pineapple under the sea), but during our recent stay at the historic Riverside Hotel in Fort Lauderdale, I was fascinated when I saw pineapples at every turn.

All photos by Cruising Squared

To me, the show about a fake psychic and a sponge with legs aside, the image of a pineapple is nothing complex.

No, it makes me imagine myself in a stylish ensemble lounging in a tropical climate, sipping delicious exotic drink, enjoying fabulous food while relaxing at a beautiful historic hotel.

All of that from a pineapple?

Well, I did say it was just my imagination.

But, wait.

All of this was mine (except the stylish ensemble part, which I will share in a later blog) on a recent overnight stay at the historic, Riverside Hotel in Fort Lauderdale.

If you want the pineapple experience...drop in and see them. It's worth your time. A pineapple wouldn't steer us wrong. -- Pam

Pam is right -- pineapples were definitely part of the charm at this wonderful historic hotel on the New River and right in the middle of great shopping and dining on Las Olas Blvd. In fact, I even spotted the tropical fruit on the legs on the room furniture:


As Pam said, more to come! -- Gerry

1 comment:

  1. Hi Pam and Gerry,
    a "Pineapple thank you" from us to you and we are pleased to see that you liked our hospitality.

    We hope to see you soon again.

    Heiko Dobrikow
    General Manager - Riverside Hotel

    ReplyDelete